The Residence’s History

1931

The diaconesses’ direction from Berne buy a chalet in Petit-Saconnex to set up a home for the elderly: Kermont was born.

1968

To the great sadness of the Petit-Saconnex parishioners, homes are sold, the Kermont must close its doors.

1971

The association couldn’t find the adequate space at the Petit Saconnex, so it has finally acquired a land in Chambesy.

 
1931 to 1952

The home increases and occupies four buildings from now on.

1969

By act of faith three people from Saconnex form the association of New Kermont in order to replace the old Kermont pension.

Fall
1976

New Kermont opens its doors and the first residents move into the house.

1984

A new annexe more medicalized is built and since then the building is constantly renovated and improved to satisfy the highest demands.